Infant Program Philosophy
Young children/Infants learn through play. They grow and learn every day and because of this it is important for them to develop in a safe and nurturing “home away from home” environment where they can explore and make new discoveries.
In addition to caring, our infant program is designed to provide infants with the skills that serve as building blocks for a lifetime of learning. Because we know how delicate this first transition away from home is for both the parents and the child, we are committed to making it as easy as possible.
Infant Program Highlights
- A safe day care environment where infants are free to move and explore. We support baby as he or she rolls from side-to-side and learns to crawl, stand, and walk helping them in this way to improve mobility and coordination.
- Safe Sleep policies that meet those of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Nurturing, personal care that builds infant’s self-esteem. We also support imaginative play and encourage self-expression through movement and music.
- Regular teacher-child interactions that spark curiosity and socialization. Our dedicated teachers communicate verbally and through non-verbal gestures with children; tell stories and sing songs to model conversational skills; and use picture books to build association between sounds, objects and words.
- Playtime and age-appropriate toys and equipment that support learning and development of cognitive and motor skills. We help children explore the concepts of cause-and-effect and object permanence through play; provide a variety of materials of different colors, sizes, textures, and shapes and encourage the use of all five senses to discover the world.
- Teacher-family communication, including daily updates to keep parents informed.